The 2021 Marshall University Marathon & Half Marathon
Saturday November 6th
Registration is open. Please note:
- Gender specific pullovers for the Marathon will be available until September 1st.
- Gender specific shirts for the Half Marathon will be available until September 1st.
Registration Price Increases on each of these dates so register early and guarantee your jacket/shirt and correct sizing:
May 1, 2022
- Marathon $90 (pullover only) Active Military $70 (shirt only)
- Half-Marathon $70 (shirt only) Active Military $50 (shirt only)
- 5k $20 (shirt only)
September 1, 2022
- Marathon $110 (shirt only) Active Military $70 (shirt only)
- Half-Marathon $90 (shirt only) Active Military $50 (shirt only)
- 5k $20
July 1, 2022
- Marathon $100 (pullover only) Active Military $70 (shirt only)
- Half-Marathon $80 (shirt only) Active Military $50 (shirt only)
- 5K $20 (shirt only)
November 2 - 5, 2022
- Marathon $130 (shirt only) Active Military $70 (shirt only)
- Half Marathon $100 (shirt only) Active Military $50 (shirt only)
- 5k $20
October 30th is the deadline for changing races without charge. There will be a $10 Administration fee for changing races at time of Expo. Please contact email@example.com for any changes in registration prior to October 30th.
MUST be an active member of the US Military to be eligible for the special military pricing. Eligible participants will be asked to present Active military ID at packet pickup.
- You can sign up HERE
- On-line registration closes on October 5th at 11:59 P.M. PST
- There will be no registration on event day.
- Gender specific pullover option available if registered by August 31, 2022
- Option of Unisex or Women’s size tech shirt available if registered by August 31, 2022
- If registered after August 31 only Unisex shirt will be available
- October 1st is the last date to guarantee shirt and shirt size. Additional shirts will be available at packet pickup, on a first-come-first-serve basis for those who register after October 1st.
PACKET PICKUP AND ON-SITE REGISTRATION
Please observe our Packet Pickup, Race Transfer, Deferral, Refunds and Change Policy, and note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
Packet Pickup and on-site registration will take place on Friday, November 4th from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM. and Saturday, November 5th from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
This year packet pickup and on-site registration will be at New Baptist Church, 610 28th Street, Huntington, WV 25702. If you are familiar with our previous packet location (St. Mary’s Conference Center at 2825 5th Avenue, Huntington, WV 25702. This is on the corner of 5th Avenue and 29th Street), New Baptist is adjacent to St. Mary’s Conference Center. Also, look for MUM signs and directions.
What do I need to bring when I come to packet pickup?
If I can’t make it to packet pickup, can I have my friend pick up my packet pickup for me?
What does VIR stand for and what is the VIR option?
How do I register for the VIR option?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail check to: Healthytristate.org, P.O. Box 6544, Huntington, WV 25772 for $30
Why have we limited the VIR to 50 participants?
Note: With the exception of the VIR Option there will be no packet pickup on race day.
This will be on Friday, November 4th from 5pm – 8pm and Saturday, November 5th at packet pickup during the hours of 10:00am – 6:00pm. Late registration and packet pickup will take place at the New Baptist Church at 610 28th St. Huntington, WV 25702. There is plenty of free parking.
There is no race day registration in any category in 2019.
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on the day of the event. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a non-official MUM participant and will be asked to leave the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire event.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number.
- Do not alter bibs in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registered participant to whom they have been assigned.
- There will be a $10 replacement fee for all lost bibs.
LATE PACKET PICKUP
Bib Pickup concludes at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 5th. All jackets and shirts unclaimed will revert to the ownership of the MUM and will be available for sale on race day.
Can we pick up our shirt/jacket after we complete our event? Unfortunately, the answer is no. We do not have sufficient personnel to dedicate to keeping track of those garments that are picked up or not picked up. All shirts/jackets that are not claimed at the conclusion of packet pickup will be considered available for sale to the general public.
THERE WILL BE NO BIB PICKUP ON SUNDAY MORNING. All PARTICIPANTS MUST PICK UP THEIR PACKETS DURING NORMAL PICKUP HOURS ON NOVEMBER 1st AND NOVEMBER 2nd. YOU CAN HAVE A FRIEND PICK UP YOUR PACKET ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT.
We get questions periodically on what qualifications there are for free entries into the race. Because of our already low registration prices we limit “comp entries” to exceptional situations. We will review each “comp” request on an individual basis.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that occur, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non transferable to future years. The no-refund policy includes requests made due to injury, surgery, pregnancy, personal circumstances, date conflicts and professional commitments.
- No transfers will be permitted after September 15th. This policy includes requests made due to injury, surgery, pregnancy, personal circumstances, date conflicts and professional commitments.
- Prior to September 15th, transfers will be permitted. Please contact email@example.com
- Switches are allowed but if you switch to a lesser distance there will be no refund of the difference. Switches may be made free of charge up to October 30th. After this date there will be a $10 Administrative fee.