SIGN UP ONLINE
The 2017 Marshall University-St. Mary’s Marathon & Half Marathon will take place on November 5th. Registration for the 2017 Marshall University-St. Mary’s Marathon will open February 14th.
Registration will open up on February 14th and runners will note that our registration fees will have slightly increased from 2016. This additional expense is necessary to offset the police surcharge administered by the City of Huntington ($12,000).
- Marathon $85 (gender specific jacket available until September 1). Active Military $40 (shirt only)
- Half Marathon $65 (gender specific shirt until September 1) Active Military $30 (shirt only)
- 5K Competitive Run/Walk $20
Registration Price Increases on each of these dates so register early and guarantee your shirt and correct sizing.:
* 1 May 2017
Marathon $95 (jacket only) Active Military $45 (shirt only)
- Half-Marathon $75 (shirt only) Active Military $35 (shirt only)
- 5k $20 (shirt only)
- 1 July 2017:
- Marathon $105 (jacket only) Active Military $50 (shirt only)
- Half-Marathon $85 (shirt only) Active Military $40 (shirt only)
- 5K $20 (shirt only)
- 1 September 2017:
- Marathon $115 (shirt only) Active Military $55 (shirt only)
- Half-Marathon $95 (shirt only) Active Military $45 (shirt only)
- 5k $25
- 4th November 2017 (EXPO):
- Marathon $125 (shirt only)
- Half Marathon $105 (shirt only)
- 5k $30
October 30th is the deadline for changing races without charge. There will be a $10 Administration fee for changing races at time of Expo.
Please contact email@example.com
SPECIAL MILITARY PRICING
$40 for the marathon and $30 for the half-marathon. These rates will experience incremental increases. Please check price schedule. All military registered participants will receive shirt. MUST be an active member of the US Military to be eligible for the special military pricing. Eligible participants will be asked to present Active military ID at packet pickup.
We are offering a complimentary pasta dinner featuring Dean Ornish spaghetti from 2-5:30 pm on November 4th. This is free to registrants. Additional guests will be $5.
- You can sign up HERE
- On-line registration closes on October 30th at 11:59 P.M. PST
- Registration will reopen on 3rd November 2017 at Friday night EXPO (5:00 p.m. until 8:00 PM EST)
- Gender specific jacket option available if registered by August 31, 2017
- Option of Unisex or Women’s size tech shirt available if registered by August 31, 2017
- If registered after August 31 only Unisex shirt will be available
- October 1st is the last date to guarantee shirt and shirt size. Additional shirts will be available at packet pickup, on a first-come-first-serve basis for those who register after October 1st.
|Asics Apparel Size Chart|
|Shirts (chest) measurements||XS||S||M||L||XL||XXL|
|Women||30″ – 31″||32″ – 33″||34″ – 35″||36″ – 37″||38″ – 39″||N/A|
|Men||33″ – 34″||35″ – 36″||37″ – 38″||39″ – 40″||41″ – 42″||43″ – 44″|
Please observe our Packet Pickup, Race Transfer, Deferral, Refunds and Change Policy. Some policies have changed (and note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS!).
Packet Pickup will take place on Friday, November 3rd from 5-8:00 p.m. and Saturday, November 4th from 10-6:00 p.m. at the St. Mary’s Conference Center at 2825 5th Avenue, Huntington, WV 25702. This is on the corner of 5th Avenue and 29th Street. Timing Chips will be inside your packets.
What do I need to bring when I come to packet pickup?
All you need when you come to packet pickup is your ID. We require a picture ID. We will check your ID when you pick up your packet.
If I can’t make it to packet pickup, can I have my friend pick up my packet pickup for me?
We encourage all participants to pick up their own race packet however, if it is not possible for you to pick up your packet, you may have someone pick it up for you. That person must present a picture ID of the individual and a written and signed letter of permission. That person will be responsible for verifying personal race information (name, age, birth date, etc.).
What does VIR stand for and what is the VIR option??
VIR stands for Very Important Runner. We understand that race day can be very hectic especially when traveling to a strange city so in order to make your experience more pleasurable in the MUM we have established the VIR option. The VIR option is limited to fifty runners. For a fee of $30, we will organize your bib number, t-shirt/jacket, goodie bag and have them available for you on the morning of the MUM.
How do I register for the VIR option?
Why have we limited the VIR to 50 participants?
We have eliminated packet pickup on event day yet we know there are exceptions to every rule. We understand the inconvenience of travel and by allowing packet pickup on event day in limited numbers we can accommodate those who need this service and at the same time concentrate on preparing for a great 2017 MUM.
Note: With the exception of the VIR Option there will be no packet pickup on race day.
This will be on Friday, November 3rd from 5-8 pm and Saturday, November 4th at packet pickup during the hours of (10:00 to 6:00 pm). Late registration will take place at the St. Mary’s Conference Center on the corner of 5th Avenue and 29th Street. The official address is 2825 fifth Avenue. There is plenty of free parking.
There is no race day registration in any category in 2017.
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered runners will receive a bib number that must be worn on the day of the event. If you are not wearing your bib during the race, you will be considered a non-official MUM participant and will be asked to leave the course.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire event.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number.
- Do not alter bibs in any way.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registered participant to whom they have been assigned.
- There will be a $10 replacement fee for all lost bibs.
LATE PACKET PICKUP
Bib Pickup concludes at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 4th. All jackets and shirts unclaimed will revert to the ownership of the MUM and will be available for sale on race day.
Can we pick up our shirt/jacket after we complete our event? Unfortunately, the answer is no. We do not have sufficient personnel to dedicate to keeping track of those garments that are picked up or not picked up. All shirts/jackets that are not claimed at the conclusion of packet pickup will be considered available for sale to the general public.
THERE WIL BE NO BIB PICKUP ON SUNDAY MORNING. All PARTICIPANTS MUST PICK UP THEIR PACKETS DURING NORMAL PICKUP HOURS ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd AND NOVEMBER 4TH. YOU CAN HAVE A FRIEND PICK UP YOUR PACKET ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY IF YOU CAN’T MAKE IT.
We get questions periodically on what qualifications there are for free entries into the race. Because of our already low registration prices we limit “comp entries” to exceptional situations. We will review each “comp” request on an individual basis.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Race officials may cancel, delay, or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants.
- SEVERE WEATHER POLICY: In the event of severe weather, the race director may decide to shut down the course. Should that occur, volunteer course marshals will be released from their positions; runners will be notified and asked to take shelter at the next aid station and wait for a shuttle bus to take them to the finish line. If you refuse to take shelter and continue on the course, you do so at your own risk.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non transferable to future years. The no-refund policy includes requests made due to injury, surgery, pregnancy, personal circumstances, date conflicts and professional commitments. There is available a Registration Refund Program sponsored by Active Transamerica.
- No transfers will be permitted after September 15th. This policy includes requests made due to injury, surgery, pregnancy, personal circumstances, date conflicts and professional commitments.
- Prior to September 15th, transfers will be permitted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switches are allowed but if you switch to a lesser distance there will be no refund of the difference. Switches may be made free of charge up to October 30th. After this date there will be a $10 Administrative fee.